How To Save on Back To School Shopping
1. What do you already have? - Before you purchase all brand new supplies, take a quick inventory of what you already have at home so that you don't over buy. This goes for school supplies as well as your child's wardrobe. Do a quick closet clean out to figure out what doesn't fit anymore before you buy everything new.
2. Find the deals! - Ok, we're not saying that you need to go overboard like the latest Extreme Couponing episode, but it is beneficial to take a quick peek at your local paper to which store is having the best sale. Even those coupon sites or blogs can help you save on specific items. Plus, when you shop at a store that price matches can make sure that you are getting the lowest price possible. However, if you come across an incredible deal, grab a few extra for next year and you'll be one step ahead of the game!
3. Basics are best! - When it comes to back to school advertising, it's all about the coolest lunch boxes and the must have backpacks. The problem is, these items can be pricey and in a month, your little one might not even like it anymore. The best solution is to stick with durable basics that will last the whole year and are easy to clean.
4. Shop after school has started. - While most people get their back to school shopping done before the year starts, you can save money by waiting to shop until after your child has gone back to school. More items will likely be discounted rather than full price, and your child will be able to see what the other kids are wearing which means they will be more likely to pick out items that they will actually wear.
5. Ask about student discounts. - Certain stores offer student discounts, so don't forget to ask! For example, if you have teens or college-age children, you can save big bucks with student discounts at stores like Banana Republic, J.Crew, and Apple!
Sending your kids off to school shouldn't cost you a fortune, and by keeping these simple tips in mind, you can help your family save on back to school shopping. And if you are looking to save on a new family vehicle, check out the Ford Egde or fuel-efficient Ford C-Max at Roy O'Brien Ford! Family owned and operated since 1946, Roy O'Brien Ford is located at 22201 E. 9 Mile Rd. St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 for all your Metro Detroit Ford Vehicle needs. Stay on the right track to Nine Mile and Mack!
Visit our website: http://www.royobrien.com
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube