Our Lease Manager, Lisa Kopich, has been working for Roy O'Brien Ford for 19 years. Whenever her family wants to mix up their usual meals, she'll make these delicious egg rolls. Her family loves them, and we hope that you will too!
Total Time: 55 min
Prep: 25 min
Inactive: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 -inch grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 20 wonton wrappers covered loosely with a damp paper towel to prevent drying
- 10 shrimps, cooked and minced
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a wok or skillet, stir-fry the ginger and garlic in 2 tablespoons of oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add scallions, carrots, and red pepper and stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Add the Napa cabbage and broth mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft. Add sesame oil, cool for at least 15 minutes, and strain. Fold in the minced shrimp.
- Fill and roll the egg roll wrappers, using 1 tablespoon of filling for each roll. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, place the wrapper with one corner of the diamond closest to you. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Roll the corner closest to you over the filling. Brush the top corner with water. Fold in the sides of the wonton and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed. Press to seal, set aside, and continue with the remaining ingredients.
- In a skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the remaining oil and sauté the egg rolls until golden brown on all sides, using tongs to turn them. Serve when cool enough to eat, with dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Family owned and operated since 1946, Roy O'Brien Ford is located at 22201 E. 9 Mile Rd. St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 for all your Metro Detroit Ford Vehicle needs. Stay on the right track to Nine Mile and Mack!
Visit our website: http://www.royobrien.com
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube