- Annual Mustang Alley attraction to feature more than 800 classic Ford Mustang from 1964 to the present day and a special 20th Anniversary display of SVT performance vehicles
- Celebrity guest Vaughn Gittin Jr. and professional drivers from Ford Motor Company will perform in a specially constructed “Burn out Box” for spectators
- Raffle tickets on sale for a chance to win a one-of-a-kind 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca in Aug. 18 drawing. Proceeds benefit National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Michigan Chapter
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 14, 2012 – Once again, the intersection of 9 Mile Road and Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, just north of Detroit city limits, will be transformed into Ford Motor Company’s Mustang Alley, an annual free attraction, run by more than 300 Ford volunteers during the Woodward Dream Cruise.
Scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 18 – rain or shine – this high-octane destination will feature more than 800 classic and modern Mustang models from 1964 through the present day, a 20th Anniversary display of Special Vehicle Team (SVT) vehicles, a celebrity appearance by Vaughn Gittin Jr., Ford professional drivers in a “Burn out Box” and finally, a chance to win a rare 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca for a mere $10.
The annual Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day classic car event. About 1.5 million visitors and 40,000 antique and classic cars from all over the country are expected to visit the Dream Cruise, which stretches from suburban Detroit north to Pontiac in a celebration of all things automotive.
The full Mustang line will be on display, including the 662-horsepower 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, both street and racing versions of the Boss 302, and the Mustang GT and V6 Coupe with Performance Package.
The special 20th Anniversary SVT display will feature new vehicles and classics from the SVT lineup including the new Shelby GT500, 2013 Focus ST, Raptor, several Ford GT models, the iconic Lightning F-150 and many other vehicles.
Mustang Alley is the place to be for performance enthusiasts building Ford-powered street rods and race cars. Ford Racing will have a large display of street and strip crate engines on display. A cadre of Ford Racing technicians and engineers will be on hand to meet with the public and answer detailed technical questions about performance, installation, tuning and other topics.
Win a Laguna Seca for $10
In addition, Ford and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Michigan Chapter, are working together to raffle off a one-of-a-kind 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. The event will take place on Saturday from 5 to 5:30 p.m. at Mustang Alley.
Raffle tickets are $10 each or three for $20 and can be purchased at: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/mig/fundraising-events/mustang-raffle/index.aspx
Ford employees may contact Holly Jaskolski at email@example.com, 313.805.3126.
The 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca features:
- Unique exterior color combination of Sterling Gray metallic paint with gloss black reflective striping, rear pedestal spoiler, mirror caps and special badging
- Charcoal cloth interior with custom embroidered Recaro seating and Sterling Gray X-brace
- Ford Racing aluminum wheels with unique finish – 19 x 9 front, 19 x 10 rear
- A coupon for TracKey from Ford Racing will be included with the car to be installed at an authorized Ford dealership
- Boss Track Attack program, offered through Team Mustang and Ford Racing, includes instructor-led training and track time at Miller Motorsports Park (travel to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, not included)
Visit http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/MIG/index.aspx for full vehicle specifications and raffle rules.
For more information, call 248.996.5426, 248.936.0342 or 248.936.0375.
Raffle participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Payment of all applicable federal, state and local taxes, title, fees and surcharges is the responsibility of the winner. Car is a 50-state U.S. model. MS raffle not associated with Mustang Alley team or Ford Motor Company. Ford Motor Company employees and Mustang Alley team are eligible to purchase tickets.
Visit our website http://www.royobrien.com for all your Metro Detroit Ford Vehicle needs, or view our new and used inventory at http://www.royobrien.com/vehicles