1. Stay warm and dry. Layering numerous thin layers of clothing is more efficient than just one or two heavy pieces of clothing.
2. Cover up! Cover your head, face, neck, and ears with a hat, hood, and scarf. Mittens are warmer than gloves, but if you need to, wear a thin glove underneath your mitten so you can use your hands easier.
3. Stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause hypothermia. Drink plenty of water and drinks with electrolytes. Avoid drinks with caffeine and alcohol.
4. Eat! Your body needs food as fuel and to generate body heat. Don't head outdoors on an empty stomach.
5. Limit your time outdoors. Although it may be obvious, be sure to take breaks and warm up when you are outside.
It is important to remember these tips to prevent frostbite and hypothermia throughout the entire winter season. These next few days will be brutally cold and Roy O'Brien Ford wants everyone to remain safe. Keep calm and stay warm, everyone!
If you would like to drive around in a stylish vehicle that will help get you through the winter months, visit us at Roy O'Brien Ford! We have a great variety of new, used, and pre-owned vehicles at the dealership. Roy O'Brien Ford is here to help you with all of your driving needs and find you the Ford you have been looking for!
Family owned and operated since 1946, Roy O'Brien Ford is located at 22201 E. 9 Mile Rd. St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 for all your Metro Detroit Ford Vehicle needs. Stay on the right track to Nine Mile and Mack!
Visit our website: http://www.royobrien.com
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube