Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Tips for Safe Winter Driving
1. Keep your lights and windshield clean.
2. Avoid skidding by braking gently. If your wheels do happen to lock up, ease off of the brakes.
3. Do not use overdrive or cruise control on icy roads.
4. Decrease your speed on the road and leave plenty of space for stopping between you and the vehicle in front of you.
5. Do not pass snow plows or sanding trucks. Typically, the roads in front of these vehicles are worse and the drivers have limited visibility. Stay safe by staying a few car distances behind them.
6. Use low gears to keep proper traction, especially on hills.
7. Be very careful on brides, overpasses, and infrequently traveled roads. When conditions are wet, even if the temperature is above freezing, it is possible that ice will still be in covered or exposed areas.
8. Don't assume your vehicle is equipped to handle all weather conditions. Four-wheel and front-wheel drive vehicles are still able to encounter difficulties on winter roads.
Be sure to keep these driving tips in mind as well as prepare your vehicle for the winter weather conditions. At Roy O'Brien Ford, customer service is our top priority. We are happy to assist you with any of your vehicle needs. Are you looking for a vehicle to help keep you safe this winter? Visit us at our Southgate location to see the variety of Certified Pre-Owned Cars for Sale. You can get a virtually new vehicle at a used vehicle price!
Family owned and operated since 1946, Roy O'Brien Ford is located at 22201 E. 9 Mile Rd. St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 for all your Metro Detroit Ford Vehicle needs. Stay on the right track to Nine Mile and Mack!
Visit our website: http://www.royobrien.com
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube - See more at: http://blog.royobrien.com/search?updated-max=2013-10-17T13:42:00-04:00&max-results=8&start=8&by-date=false#sthash.81i9oGwD.dpuf