Suzanne has been working at Roy O'Brien Ford for 2.5 years. We asked her to share one of her favorite recipes, and this is what she gave us; it's one of her childhood favorites. Suzanne said that this recipe is an artery clogger, but that it's definitely worth it. This is the perfect thing to make for a summer BBQ. We hope that you enjoy it.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours and 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- 2 48oz jars of Great Northern Beans - not drained
- 1lb. bacon, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 bunch green onions – chopped
- 2 tbs. molasses
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix all ingredients in large casserole dish
- Bake at 300°F for 5 hours
- Uncover and bake for an additional hour
- Serve and ENJOY!
Family owned and operated since 1946, Roy O'Brien Ford is located at 22201 E. 9 Mile Rd. St. Clair Shores, MI 48080 for all your Metro Detroit Ford Vehicle needs. Stay on the right track to Nine Mile and Mack!
Visit our website: http://www.royobrien.com
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube