Mike Deslippe has been working at Roy O'Brien Ford for 23 years. He mentioned that his wife made fantastic meatloaf, and we wanted to share the recipe. Mike says that the secret ingredient is the chili sauce. We hope that you enjoy this recipe!
Prep: 20 min
Bake: 55 min.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup chili sauce, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Brush with remaining chili sauce. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing
Visit our website: http://www.royobrien.com
Follow Us: Facebook, Twitter & YouTube